Thread: G's Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 12:59 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Just sent this note to my doctor.

"Sigh!
Ok, so maybe things aren't as great between me and H as I let on. Later tonight he was a little bummed he couldn't tell you how I've been online a lot still. This is apparently a problem for him, but he doesn't see the whole picture. I mean, I'm working, I'm doing more for my part. This is my down time /my free time. Can't I choose how I spend it? He wanted me to make him a snack tonight because I hadn't made him cookies yet. I was in the middle of cleaning, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. Not that I exactly even had the chance to say no. I was going to do it anyway, but it was interrupting me from finishing my chore and digging into my workout time. It's just that I'm really starting to get this feeling like he truly wants me to be like some Stepford Wife or something, that my happiness comes second to his needs AND wants. I would have confronted him about this, but I wasn't exactly sure I was using the term correctly. Turns out it's exactly how I feel! I wanted to bring this up today originally, that once he even said that "3 hours isn't enough. even 6 hours wouldn't be enough" of me working for him. He doesn't even account for all the times I serve and bring him food and water, make his breakfasts, and obviously the time for cooking ...and the number of other things I'm forgetting about with giving him attention.
I try to be as positive and optimistic as possible, but fact is he hurts me by what he says to me on a regular basis. And I was actually kinda hoping that you might encourage us to seek couple's counseling. I'm sure if he gets a chance, he will tell you I'm "internet addicted". I don't think I have a problem, and when I do feel it becoming a problem, I cut back. But the fact is, I don't have much else I enjoy doing...and everything is online these days...and we are in extreme circumstances lately. The damn frustration right now is that I was just getting exciting about this writing camp challenge, but of course I need to type on the computer to count my words more easily (and write faster). I was kinda half joking with my friends that I really need a typewriter. I just don't know what he expects me to do if I can't do all the things I need to do because they require the internet...other than the "stepford wife" stuff, because it's not like he's available or wants to do anything I enjoy with me. I'm just really upset about this. I NEED him off my back about this!
Thanks for reading."
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-28-2020), Dmom3005 (03-29-2020), mymorgy (03-28-2020), Waking Light (03-28-2020)