View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 07:51 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default WE ALREADY KNOW ENOUGH: This is the key to getting out of Parkinson's prison.

WE ALREADY KNOW ENOUGH: This is the key to getting out of Parkinson's prison and the truth that we are reluctant to accept.

A call to change the way we view the disease and the treatments.

I know this from my own experience. And I've seen it in most of them over the last 10 or 15 years, which is when I've been most awake and attentive to these issues.

The most powerful treatment for Parkinson's is a change in the way we see everything: the disease, the treatments and the world around us (from large companies and health ministries to associations and the family itself).

If we do not see the disease in another way, we remain prisoners of the Parkinson's "labyrinth". Negative beliefs depress and paralyse us more than the disease. Two examples:

1. For 70 years it was believed that an adult could not create new neurons. Since 1998 it has been known that he can;

2. We have grown up with the idea and the fear that if we were born with certain genes, there is no solution: today we know that Epigenetics rules, that genes do not have the last word (vitamins like B12 and D or minerals like magnesium, activate or silence the genes, correct them).

I'm going to repeat several of the ESSENTIAL things I've learned over the years (1994-2020):

1. Vitamin B6 is as important in Parkinson's as levodopa. and since 1975, when carbidopa is used, there are usually no problems with up to 25 mg a day (see the levodopa package insert).

2. If homocysteine is not controlled with vitamin B9 there is nothing to be done. Parkinson's will remain as we know it today.

3. The possibility that Parkinson's disease is caused or facilitated by multiple deficiencies (dopamine is one of them) opens up a new world.

4. Current Medicine has entered a dead end (possibly, it is just my opinion). dealing with parkinson's only with levodopa-carbidopa and a few other medications (without vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, C, D, etc), is like going into a boxing ring to fight a boxer and having one hand tied behind your back (maybe both).

5. Until something better than levodopa is discovered, we should make the most of it: minimum necessary dose, enhance its effectiveness with vitamins c and b3, correct its harmful effects with vitamin c, green tea, glutathione, milk thistle and vitamin b9.

6. Even if nothing of this is true, it is not harmful. And the mere fact of having hope, changes the prognosis of the disease in a decisive way. But it turns out that not only are there thousands of studies on the subject, but many more keep coming out. With only 100 studies from the last 3-5 years we could change everything.

7. We already know enough to significantly improve the lives of the sick. But we still wait for a miracle results study, which seems to me as impossible as finding a unicorn. There is no pill or surgery capable of changing by itself the complexity of the damage that Parkinson's produces year after year (glutathione deficiency or excess homocysteine would be catastrophic if they were the only problem).

8. The house starts to be built on the foundation, not on the roof. If we don't control homocysteine with vitamin B9 or the oxidation of levodopa with vitamin c, there is little point in tango or boxing (very good things, but they form the roof, not the foundation).

I invite you to read what is written on the wall (at least the last 30 publications). But reading them over and over again will pierce the thick layer of prejudice and error that we all have about Parkinson's (in my case too, of course. I have to fight every day to get rid of them). If we don't look at Parkinson's in another way, there's nothing to be done.

No single supplement is strong enough against Parkinson's. The disease is a giant that can only be defeated by an army of "dwarves".

And I invite you to discuss any changes with your doctor and pharmacist (caution).

Remember, courage to be informed and prudence to make changes.
parkinsons here-now is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hardisk70 (04-18-2021), moondaughter (04-09-2020)