View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:00 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default New to the board - 31 yr old male with TOS symptoms

Hello,

I am a 31 year old male new to this site.
I developed bilateral TOS symptoms end of June 2019. My right side is slightly worse that my left. I currently feel nerve pain when i extend arms straight out to the side. I even get tingling in my fingers if I put my arm around my wife on the couch now.

I met with a vascular surgeon last October who specializes in first rib resection, he referred me to PT and said come back if it doesn't improve. I returned in February with more info on my symptoms and he said based on some of the positions I put my arms in that caused nerve pain he said that doesn't even sound like TOS. He went onto say that his surgery may not even help and thus declined to move forward with me, he has referred me to a neurologist but I can't get in until May.

I've had botox injections into pec major and scalenes. I've tried countless chiropractors, multiple different PTs along with massages and graston muscle scraping. Nothing has yielded much for results.

My current PT has said my pec area is very tight and he thinks this could be causing the issues. I've been trying to stretch my pecs for almost a year now without much change.

My questions for this community:
1. How long do I continue PT before opting for a pec minor release surgery? - feels like my only option at this point
2. Any advice for other options or things to explore?
3. Are there any surgeons in Minnesota that perform a pec minor release surgery?
Gophs14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote