View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 02:07 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I am completely convinced that only a treatment that combines drugs and vitamins (and other nutrients) will be able to tackle Parkinson's. HOMOCYSTEINE, GLUTATHIONE and VITAMIN B6 seem to me to be some of the "pillars" of that future protocol. Of course, no "magic bullet", as prestigious neurologists have already stated, has dared to step forward and advise what is still not accepted in the day-to-day treatment. It has already been proven with levodopa along with coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinol) and with vitamin C in advanced stages.

The question of why they are not applied in daily clinical practice would lead us to address issues that are too controversial. I am content with trying to improve the daily lives of patients and their families, so that they do not have to go through a daily hell like my father and my family did.

After waiting (with total confidence), not for a cure but for an important improvement in the quality of life of the patients - and their families - we realized that it was going to take too long and we started looking. And since 1994, 26 years have passed without any significant developments.

Three issues alarmed me:

1. Why was NOTHING done against the very dangerous and neurotoxic HOMOCYSTEINE, despite being scientifically proven that levodopa raises it and that a vitamin B9 supplement allows to control it (and more if used with B6 and B12)?

2. If we know that GLUTATHIONE is reduced by almost 50% in the immune system of Parkinson's patients - and that it is lost up to 98% and that no trace of glutathione was found in the autopsies -, how is it that substances that elevate glutathione such as vitamin C, alpha-lipoic acid, milk thistle or a precursor such as NAC are not administered?

3. Why after Fahn's promising study in 1992 with 3 grams a day of VITAMIN C and 3200 IU of vitamin E did no one continue on that path? No further study has been conducted. For example, with doses spread throughout the day (every 4-5 hours) and the combination of normal vitamin C with the liposomal form. This is just an idea.

And these three examples still seem inexplicable to me from any point of view you can imagine.

I don't care if the ultimate treatment is levodopa with something else, a new drug, a cocktail of vitamins and other nutrients accompanying levodopa-carbidopa or it can be patented or not. What I want is for all of that colossal, resource-guzzling machinery to work NOW. If it doesn't, it's failing. And it has to be said.

And I continue to argue that we know enough to make life much better for the sick and their families. Thanks to the studies and recommendations of great and courageous scientists.
parkinsons here-now is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote