View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 01:53 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default 8 months with post concussion sydrome

I'm not sure how this website works yet, so this was the only way I could find to make a post.
Back in July of 2019 I was at home moving a wooden frame futon from one room to another, and the part that clicks in place to make it a couch, fell with very much force on my head. I had a horrible head pain, and it lasted a few minutes and had went away, so I never thought to go to the doctor. About 2 months later I started to have a really tender head and I had such an intense headache that I had gone to the ER. On the way there in the car we had to stop 3 times on the highway because I was so sick and couldn't stop puking. They took a ct scan and said there was no bleeding or anything wrong, and they diagnosed it as post concussion sydrome. Fast forward it's been 8 months since than. I am 7 months pregnant, and here and there my symptoms get a lot worse, I experience pressure on the top of my head, headaches, neck pain, vertigo, nausea, ringing in my ears, a lot of fatigue, fogginess, trouble processing, sensitivity to light, It seems to be worse when the sun is out and its warm outside, I cant wear pony tails, pins, or sunglasses hats etc. Sometimes I feel like I might black out, I see stars, I cant look at phone screens or TV screens, headlights without getting an intense pain in my eye. Theres probably a lot more symptoms that are part of pics that I'm not aware. went to the therapist and was diagnosed with vestibular dysfunction. I didnt finish the therapy because I had a lot of personal things happening at the time, now with all this virus stuff going on I'm hesitant about reaching out to see a doctor as most nonessential appointments have been canceled. But my symptoms haven't gotten much better since September. Hoping someone could give me some advice and guidance who has struggled with pcs for almost a year, or longer. Thank you so much.
Awells0109 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-20-2020)