Old 04-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
JamesR,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Your experience with UK medical care for mTBI/concussion is not uncommon. Have you checked with Headway?

My first concern is your upper neck. Inflammation can mess up blood flow to your brain and mess up sleep and more. C-1 and C-2 are usually injured with a concussion. The method of your impact suggests an upper neck trauma.

You don't say what your job is. Over stressing your brain can be an issue. Work load and environment can be problematic.

Read the vitamin sticky above. I think page 46 has the updated information. But, my brain forgets. You should add B vitamins to your regimen, especially B-12.
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the quick response, really appreciate it.

Now that you've mentioned it, I think that you're right. I think that my neck is contributing to this feeling, if not the main contributor. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. The hospital never checked my neck and knowing this now just makes me angry! I will discuss this with Headway tomorrow - again, great shout.

I'm also going to head up to the local health shop to grab some B-Complex tablets tomorrow. Tbanks for the suggestion.
JamesR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote