View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Awells0109,

I don't know a lot about post concussion syndrome but it is rare for it to go on for many months. I hope that your doctor has done appropriate tests in an effort to find out if something else is going on.

I think a case can be made for making an appointment to see a doctor. Given that you are pregnant, don't you need to check in with Ob/Gyn doctor regularly anyway? Maybe you could get a referral from the Ob/Gyn doctor to a neurologist if you haven't already seen one. Since you're far along in the pregnancy, of course you'd like to be in good health in time for the delivery, and it sounds as if you have some health issues that are really getting in your way.

You say you were diagnosed with vestibular dysfunction. That doesn't really say much except that something is wrong with your vestibular system. I think it would be a good idea to point out to the doctor that you'd like to know more about this if that is really the problem (or the whole problem) and what to do about it, and you might point out how long your symptoms have gone on.

Cognitive behavioral therapy often works well for post-concussion syndrome, I understand. If that is the kind of therapy you discontinued, it's possible that that will help to clear up your symptoms. But the length of time you've had them is a cause for concern.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-20-2020)