View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 05:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sure--why not?

This place is as good as any.

My tutoring and test prep work has dried up--it's not that I couldn't do online sessions, but since most exams my students prepare for are in limbo, there's no timeline and nothing to prepare for (yet).

But, fortunately, my wife (with her all important health insurance for us) can telecommute. My son tele-colleges. I tele-complain (and do the supermarket jaunts, dressed in my hazmat suit, mask, and gloves--COVID couture, as I like to say).

So far my family is still healthy, but we do know some people who have gotten hit--not severely, fortunately (yet).

I have been writing a number of commentaries in the NY Times--mostly about the need to have our researchers examine why some people seem to be so much more vulnerable to this than others, and what physiological characteristics they may share. Pre-existing conditions certainly play a part, but there are likely a HUGE number of asymptomatic people out there who would test positive for the virus--some med researchers have said it might be somewhere from a quarter to half of all infected people--and we have to find out how they remain asymptomatic, and if they are spreading virus to the extent that symptomatic people do, and if they have certain genetic profiles that enable this, and a whole host of other questions (including whether they might have antibodies useful to create a treatment).
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote