View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 03:25 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default please help

hi guys im looking to see if anyone has experienced anything like im experiencing

Im 38 and have been a fairly heavy drinker for a while now... it was getting out of hand but I didn't really think to do anything about it until recently. About December time I noticed after a heavy few days drinking id get extremely itchy hands. The itch felt like it was inside my hand almost as if I couldn't find it. accompanying this id also get a sort of pain feeling if I tried, for instance, opening a door handle or something. I went to the doctor who did blood test and said everything came back normal and not to worry... this Mae me feel better about it so stupidly I continued hitting the drink... the itching feeling has now kind of subsided but now im getting numbness in my hands - mostly smallest finger and sometimes thumbs but it varies from day to day. also sometimes my thumbs feel kinda like they are gonna cramp when using them... its not consistent and it does vary in severity at different times... after another few days of drinking about a few weeks ago I started to feel what I can only describe as a cramping feeling in my neck/lower jaw... this cramping feeling is now the main feeling im having and my hands seem to be getting marginally better... does this sound like alcohol neuropathy?? I also occasionally have a very mild sensation/kinda numbness of sorts in my knee area mostly on my left leg..

again these symptoms all seem to vary and yesterday I actually felt not to bad but today my neck feels twitchy and cramp again

Ive quit the drink and been off it for 4 weeks today.. ive been eating lots of fruit and veg and taking vitamin supplements to try and get my body back in order but with symptoms persisting im getting slightly anxious

can anyone help..

gus x
GussyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote