View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 09:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have peripheral neuropathy and was given Lyrica for it . After 5 and 1/2 years I went toxic on Lyrica and had to cold turkey it. From that day to now (6 years) I have had non stop twitching in my calfs, legs, back and sometimes chest, along with the worst withdrawal symptoms I have ever heard about, worse than Heroin. I have had such severe twitching and spasms making walking very difficult, for stability at night when everything is worse I have learned to walk like a drunk. Walking like a drunk helps with balance by not fighting the spams. I have not found one doctor who can do much of anything but offer drugs my body can not tolerate. I can not get a appointment with a Neurologist, the moment they learn my symptoms started by quitting Lyrica they will canceled (4 so far). I have tried several neurologist in 8 western states but still have not gotten an appt. I don't think most neurologist know their butt from a hole in the ground, because in every support group i have been in I have heard nothing good about any of them. The one thing I get the most relief from is a horse liniment. Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Gel. The people at the farm store i go to told me that they were going to move it to the cash registers because so many people come in looking for it for themselves. I use this once a day on my full back and both legs top to bottom. I don't know what I would do without it.
what a ride is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote