View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You are not alone, I thought I was the only one. In 6 years i have not had an appointment with a neurologist that was not cancelled after they found out my issues started with Lyrica. I have tried in 8 western states with no luck and am beginning to think it might be a blessing. I have never heard one good comment in any support group I have gone to about their neurologist, just complaints.
Bad doctors yah. When I quit taking Lyrica due to the fact it became toxic to me and made my thinking really weird. So due to the toxicity I had to do a cold turkey on Lyrica and ended up in the ER ( I also have graves an autoimmune disorder.) It was in the ER that I found out that a Dr Kelly who I saw less than 3 minutes before walking out on the idiot, for calling me a synthroid junkie and reported me as a synthroid junkie! He could not properly read a blood test and had no clue about Graves. So I got flagged as a drug addict. BTW too much synthroid will kill and kill quickly but that fact was way over his head. . The whole ER experience was like the Twilight Zone as one doctor after another came and gave me a lecture from WEBMD about graves and every doctor was WRONG!!! Yes I was having a thyroid storm which can happen when the body goes into shock so I quit taking my synthroid 5 weeks earlier. But the 5 idiots ER doctors told me I was a synthroid junkie because according to them my thyroid was not able to produce T4, again totally wrong, and the only way my levels would be so high is if i was abusing my meds. Sorry for going so long even after 6 years I get still get very mad about the ER visit. I had to get a lawyer so I could make a comment about his miss diagonios in my record.

Last edited by what a ride; 04-10-2020 at 10:36 PM.
what a ride is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote