Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 03:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeLuv View Post
I know you said no replies necessary, but I want to anyway.

Actually, I'm a little confused. Is this illness with your friends what is really upsetting you so much that you need to go back to therapy, or were those two separate rants/issues? I'm sorry your friends are sick and there is no cure. That must be really hard to go through and watch. :/ Also, I can understand the frustration with doctors. I mean, I haven't had the degree of challenges you have had (particularly with mental health doctors), but I do struggle with convincing my hubby that it's a good thing and the "system" doesn't help me prove my point either, because the system kinda fails. Staff overlooking appointments so we have to wait long periods of time past our scheduled times just to get in and then only get a few minutes with the doc. Therapy wasn't so bad, but wasn't necessarily helpful near the end. I dunno. I think you may have heard some of this already so I won't continue. Just wanted to share that I too struggle with the notion of bringing up therapy again with my hubby, but I might have to if I feel it becomes necessary or might help. Lately it was relationship issues, with him actually, but even that is sorting itself out. I still wonder if he's just being nice to avoid me going to therapy...but hey! If it lasts, maybe that's ok!??

Hugs
Yeah I don’t think therapy is that great a thing a lot of the time... it would have to be a very good therapist who doesn’t judge or turn mean. My husband doesn’t like the idea of me going back to therapy, I was so hurt by that idiot of a therapist I saw for far too long. I know that most therapists do want to help. But in my particular location a compassionate therapist is very hard to find and too many do harm

Hugs
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-11-2020), GeeLuv (04-11-2020), mymorgy (04-11-2020)