View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Beth:

Nope. Because I do similar movements later in the day and nothing. Also, this appears about an hour to and hour and a half after hair, shower etc.

The fact that it appears to be on some sort of time clock has me baffled. I'm almost convinced if I lay down and do nothing it would appear and disappear. I haven't tested that theory yet.

It's definitely related to the TOS. In trying to research it further it appears to be a Sternoclavicular joint dislocation and then relocation...why it gets dislocated and then apparently relocated within about 30-45 minutes...is baffling. Stretching helps but it seems that the stretching is only to help relieve the discomfort until the expiration of the 30-45 minutes...once that time passes it stops and I'm virtually pain free. I still have some tightness in the nearby surrounding mucles e.g. scalenes etc. I think the ligaments that attach my clavicle to my manubrium are loose and that causes the tiny clicks/snaps. I got an appointment today to see my PT and will see her at a time when it "should" happen so she can palpate the heck out of it and tell me her opinion. I do have a sort of weird left clavicle at least at that end. So it may have something to do with that fact etc. And that joint IS related to movement of the scapula which makes sense since that movement IS translating to this joint when I get the clicking/snapping. It's just very weird.
When I read your first post, it reminded me of a time YEARS ago when I had a severe case of bronchitis and coughed so much and so hard that I ended up doing "something" to the cartilege/connective tissue (or whatever you call it) in my ribcage (according to the dr.). For the longest time, I not only had pain so severe I could hardly stand to take a deep breath but I would also "snap,crackle, and pop". So when you mentioned the ligaments being loose, another lightbulb went off in my head. My bad foot does something like that all the time- if I step or move it a certain way, you can hear and I feel a very loud pop. It doesn't really hurt, just sounds really gross. The dr. told me that it's a ligament (or tendon, I can't remember which one he said) that is slipping out of the groove of the place where it's supposed to be. Just off the top of my head, this problem you're describing sounds kinda like some kind of subluxation- I remember the chiro I used to work for saw some patients with that kind of problem. I can't remember if you've said so or not but have you seen a chiro about whether an adjustment would help?
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote