View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 07:19 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius View Post
Hi all how'av y'all been holdin. I hope its good . Dont give up guys. Ive had a flare up a few days ago but I'm doing fine no biggie. And I am here to remind yall we can and we will make it. God bless.
I've stumbled on this group two weeks ago when I was in the midst of the worst time of my life. My case was weird one. One day while playing cricket, a dog entered the field and took away the tennis ball we were playing with. I retrieved the ball and played with it. I washed my hand but only with water from a bottle, not very thoroughly. And then up on fixing the rubber grip on a bat and was at it for more than an hour and I happened to skin the palm of my right hand. A little patch of about 8mm dia. It didn't bleed. And I forgot about for three weeks until I was reading about corona virus and remembered about rabies. Thus began the spiral of my googling about it, doubting of my chances to very rapidly believing that the end is nigh. Enter anxiety. I have a little baby girl who just began walking. Oh how I wept thinking of how stupid I was for not washing my hands properly and for not getting vaccinated soon enough. I met a few doctors who totally brushed off my worries. But fuelled by anxiety, symptoms began showing. Lightly numbed right thumb and index finger which twitched a couple of times. Tightened throat. Seeing my plight, a doctor friend of mine in consultation with an MD suggested I get the vaccine anyway. I got the first one when there was heightened numbness in the right palm, cold feeling as well. I then stumbled upon this group and read most of the stories and my fear vanished. As of now, it's been a week since the last shot. Various locations in the body have been experiencing some very mild twitches, coldness etc. I'm sure there will be more to come. Once in a while doubt creeps leading to anxiety. Thanks to Batbite and others, Im coping up!
Unbitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote