View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Where to start???

For the past several weeks I have been experiencing some new sensations. During the day, tingling, pins and needles in left hand many times a day. Same in the left foot a few times per day. Sporadic itching/tingling throughout rest of body.

At night, every night, all throughout the night, wake up with one or both arms asleep. Extreme dry mouth. (Maybe unrelated)

No pain.

I spoke with my GP about it. He was dismissive, as I mentioned being concerned about diabetes. With no family history and not having the other primary symptoms, he quickly wrote that off. He said pn would be a later sign of diabetics. He said or likely had something to do with my sleeping position.

Since the first of the year, I have changed my diet, drastically cutting carbs. This has contributed to a weight loss of 20 lbs. I say this because I do not if it is just coincidence that these symptoms happened a few weeks after change in diet. I have been reading some about vitamin deficiencies. Can’t see that anything I have cut out of my diet would relate to a loss of these vitamins.

What should I do start trying to identify what is going on here? Blood work? I don’t even know if my GP is currently doing this based on the CV. While I am
nor in pain, it is very bothersome, I don’t want to not address a problem, and I do have some medical anxiety.

Thanks for reading and will be looking for any comments or questions anyone might have.
jhhudson1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (04-12-2020)