Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Where to start?

Over the past several weeks I am been dealing with some sensations. Many times throughout the day my left hand tends to tingle or pins and needles. Specifically thumb and index most often. Sometimes during the day I will get the same sensation in left foot. At night, every night, several times per night, I awake to one or both arms being asleep. I also often have a very dry mouth when waking up. I do have sleep apnea and can not sleep with a cpap. This might be unrelated.

I spoke with my GP. He was not concerned and dismissive. Said that my concern of possibly diabetes was could likely be ruled out. Said that PN typically is a late sign of diabetes, not early, and not showing the other primary symptoms. He said the hand stuff if likely related to a sleeping position.

I have drastically changed my diet since the first of the year, greatly reducing carbs. Read some about vitamin deficiencies and would not think carbs would have anything to do with this, but wanted to mention.

What should I do to start to figure out what’s going on? Push for blood work? Don’t even know if that is happening because of CV. I do have medicinal anxiety, but not sure if this is something to be really concerned about and if so, if I need to catch it early. I am not having any pain.

Look forward to any comments or questions.
jhhudson1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote