Old 04-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Caroline, where I absolutely agree that a healthy immune system is important, I believe your blanket statement that the "virus is not contagious" to be totally incorrect. It IS contagious and we DO need to heed social distancing and other protective measures to help avoid it's spread.

There is also increasing evidence of healthy individuals getting the covid-19 illness that this virus causes, primarily because they were in contact with someone "shedding" the virus, not because of any "compromised immune system". ie it is contagious!

Although yes, people with "pre-existing conditions" that likely have compromised their immune systems are tending to have more severe forms of the illness, and sadly many succumbing to it, yet there are also those becoming very ill, and some dying, who do not fall into the pre-existing condition or elderly/weakened immune system categories.

I do think we need to be realistic of our basic ignorance related to this novel corona virus, that still has so many unknown factors associated with it.

Fact based information is key in this pandemic.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote