View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

welcome jhhudson!

using the google search engine, i was able to find websites that list your sensations as side effects of trazadone, but unfortunately i can't post links right now. you can go to google yourself and type in "side effects of trazadone" and find these same answers.

one site lists these "less common" side effects of trazadone:
Quote:
Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
another site also listed dry mouth as a side effect of trazadone.

i have read your other posts indicating you use cpap, which causes dry mouth in a lot of people. there is an over the counter oral rinse that eases that problem. dry mouth can cause dental problems. check with your doctor to see if he would ok your use of a mouth rinse for dryness.

cymbalta and trazadone both have effects on the chemical serotonin in your brain. has your doctor recently changed your dosage of either drug? cymbalta is also a drug used for peripheral neuropathy, which is what i believe you think is happening to you. does your GP prescribe your cymbalta, trazadone and klonopin for you or do you have a neurologist that prescribes these drugs? if you only have a GP, perhaps going to a neurologist and discussing these symptoms of tingling that you're having would lead to the neuro re-evaluating your meds.

since trazadone and cymbalta both effect serotonin in your brain, the use of these drugs together might increase your risk of certain side effects.

when you mention your diet of limiting your carbs, i think limiting unhealthy carbs like sugar and white flour would be beneficial. i hope you haven't cut your consumption of vegetables and fruit, as these have many vitamins that are better in their natural state than in vitamin form.

i understand medical anxiety and empathize with you. if your doctor is unwilling to do a test for diabetes, i don't think he would do any other blood tests without having something to look for.

i would make an appointment with the doctor who is prescribing your meds to see if cutting down on the trazadone and/or cymbalta stops the tingling and itching and possibly the dry mouth. the otc mouth rinse for dry mouth would be helpful if that symptom was not resolved with a change in your meds and was caused by the use of cpap.

i hope you can find a resolution to these annoying sensations.

jeannie
akatc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (04-17-2020), VIRGINIA (04-18-2020)