View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 04:23 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGuy35 View Post
Just a quick update. Almost a year since my original post and I am very pleased to say there has been a massive improvement overall. The improvement has been gradual since I started taking amitriptyne and cut down on alcohol at the start of last year, it has has got better and better. I am also able to stand and walk barefoot even on harder surfaces with very minor discomfort! This is somewhat a miracle. In terms of alcohol intake I have kept within the recommended guidelines but still not managed to give up completely.
Hi UK Guy,

Probably 36 by now! I can do the Maths, see a fellow Brit, and reason we call it Maths is because we do it more than once!

I have a couple of questions for you..

1, What does Amitriptyline do for you? I am still awaiting diagnosis and all hospital appointments are on hold. What symptoms does it alleviate?

2. If you were diagnosed with early liver cirrhosis would you continue drinking, even in moderation? I say this because there is a clear widely understood causality between drinking alcohol and liver cirrhosis. The relationship between alcohol and Peripheral Neuropathy is on the other hand not clear and not widely known.

However Alcoholic Neuropathy exists and is a bedfellow of liver cirrhosis.

And can be just as bad.

You have a history of symptoms related to alcohol. You're on medication just to help you stand up. At 36.

So my second question is this, is alcohol really worth it?

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote