View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 09:49 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Sfn

Hi there,
So sorry to hear all this. New symptoms can be very scary and frustrating. Especially when no doctors seem to know how to truly help. I got diagnosed with SFN 4 months ago but I’ve been having symptoms for 2.5 years. At one point I couldn’t walk. I’m not in a flare up right now so walking is better but symptoms are spreading up to my knees now. Stabbing, biting pain all day. I was getting a strong consistent vibration in my left leg. I noticed the more I moved the better it got. As you know, moving isn’t always an option. Luckily, doing the stationary bike everyday helped with that symptom. I feel like exercise in general helps by keeping things circulation. I just do what I can. I can’t do the activities I was once able to do so I just modify and do what I can. Gabapentin has helped me. It certainly doesn’t keep me pain free but it helps for sure. I haven’t tried any supplements yet so unsure about that. Definitely, finding out the underlying issue is a must. I’m considered idiopathic at the moment. However, more investigation needs to be done. Make sure you find the right doctor to help you with that. I’m trying to get a referral to another hospital because there is a doctor there that has dealt with this disease. I think that’s really important. We have to be our own advocates and that’s scary because we don’t know what to ask or how to proceed. I would say if all the big cause are negative (HIV, hepatitis C, celiac, lupus, etc.) keep searching. If it’s something treatable that would be greats news. If not, at least you’ll have some answers and maybe know how to better move forward with this disease. I had a new symptom show up last Wednesday. Pretty scary because no doctor, out of the 8 I contacted, have seen this. I’ll attach an image below. Anyways, I understand feeling alone. I get it. You are not alone though. We are all here for support. Reach out whenever you need it. Take care
Ajuju is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote