View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline2 View Post
Sally Fallon is NOT just a cook book author. She has MORE info in the link than I have seen anywhere else and believe me, I've seen a LOT from many other forums and broadcasts etc and I'm not saying the TV as I have none of that. I now am t hinking since I had a BAD asian flu in 1957, and was it a coronavirus? That I may have an immunity to flues, as I have not had another one in decades, and I don't get vaccines.

Did people read the Sally link, nothing about cooking in there....She's head of the Weston Price Foundation that is true and does believe in good nutrition but doesn't author cookbooks -- she may have over some yrs I don't know.
If you look at the "About" section of her Webpage, the first sentence is this:

Quote:
Sally Fallon Morell is best known as the author of Nourishing Traditions®: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats.

You say in another post that you have opted not to wear a mask or gloves. You say you think you might be immune to flu of any kind since you had the 1957 Asian flu.

Science has never shown that that happens. I too had the 1957 Asian flu but had flu a couple of times after that. I'm very glad that the flu vaccine came along and I get a flu shot each year.

This particular virus is new. It's never been seen before. Nobody knows yet just how it's going to behave. That's one reason why we have to be so very careful--at least until more is known, and that is going to take time.

Another reason for being careful (social distancing, masks, protective gloves) is that when any contagious bug is going around, it's advisable to be cautious. With this bug we have to be very cautious because (a) it's so very contagious, (b) not much is known about it yet, (c) it has the potential for being fatal is dangerously high, especially in people over 65, and (d) you can be a carrier for the virus and capable of spreading it to others even though you have no symptoms.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20

Last edited by agate; 04-15-2020 at 01:40 PM.
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (04-15-2020), Wren (04-15-2020)