View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 06:06 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Sorry i haven’t replied in awhile, but alot has happened.

Yes i’m aware of how hard it is on my girlfriend, that’s one the main things i have been talking about with my psychologist that i just got. I’m working on it.

I’m going to watch the video after this comment.

In response to why i went to the doctor, that was all i could think of really.

Anyway when i went in to the doctor they measured my bloodpressure, which was extremely high (180 SYS 118 DIA) figured it was just the stress of it all and the doctor did too, hence why i was sent home.

To be sure though i was told to pick up a bp measure device from my own doctor, which i used for 3 days afterwards, 3 times in the morning and the same in the evening.

It was not the stress, my bloodpressure at complete rest is consistlently above 160 SYS, i’ve been given some medication for it so i’m hoping that will help.

The high bp has come after the concussiom, i usually have almost low bp, something i “inherited” from my mother, so i’m usually around 100 SYS, so this is quite the rise.

I’m wondering if it’s somehow the concussion that has raised my bp? Or if it’s the medication i have been taking for the concussion (amitriptylin). I only take 10mg every night so not exactly massive doses.

Stress has most likely made it rise too, but my doctor tells me it’s very unlikely that it’s only anxiety since i measured it when i was completely calm at home and it was still way too high.

Anyway when i said alot had happened i meant it. Whatever divine power is out there it seems to want to mess with me, because two days ago i got testicular torsion and had to get operated on to untangle it.

All i’m gonna say is yikes, trust me you don’t ever want to experience testicular torsion, very unpleasant.

Anyway this raised some more questions for me.

The day after the operation and today i have been having intense pain at the back of my head and my vision is pulsating or flashing. It’s like a mix between flashing lights and everything bopping up and down.

I’m wondering if this is due to the bumpy ambulance ride? I was also given fentanyl in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and whatever they gave me when they operated on me, can that cause this?

I called the hospital and got in touch with the urologist that saw me and did the operation, and he just said he didn’t know. I told him about all the concussion buisiness and he said that they didn’t move my head at all or bump it while i was out. I hadn’t even thought of that, but good on him for being so thoughtfull.

I hope the fentanyl didn’t mess with my head in some way, i really didn’t want it but the pain was insane. The nausea was almost worse after the fentanyl, even after the ambulance guy gave me anti nausea something.

Last thing it could be would be when i was driven home, we misjuded a concrete circle thing in the road and accidentally went over it, causing a jolt so big i actually hit the car ceiling quite hard. But that’s most likely nothing, just another bump i hope.

Just when i thought i had hit peak levels of ******** to deal with something completely unexpected comes up, but i’m just glad i still have both my testicles at this point.

On a side note, the urologist are insanely good at what they do, i wish the neurologists were that good, but i guess it’s way harder when dealing with something as complex as the brain.
Atlas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote