View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 07:07 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

No not really, i read it by random chance awhile ago.

I’m not extremely knowledgeable in this at all, i only started looking into all this stuff when i got my concussion, which was relatively recently.

I won’t pretend i have read the whole thing, i’ve just skimmed the interesting stuff. I’m currently not able to post links it seems, because my post count is below 10, but the study is called

“Neuroprotection by Estrogen and Progesterone in Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury” - by Evgeni Brotfain, Shaun E. Gruenbaum, and Moti Klein

Here is the part I referenced
“Emerson and colleagues reported that estrogen administration before TBI improved neurological outcome in male rats, but paradoxically worsened neurological outcomes in female rats [9]. Zlotnik and colleagues further demonstrated that injection of premarin (mixture of estrogens) in male rats after TBI resulted in a significant decrease in blood glutamate concentrations and improved neurological outcomes [10]. Furthermore, Neese and colleagues demonstrated the pretreatment with Z-BDDA (estrogenic seco-steroid) resulted in a significant improvement in learning and memory tests after moderate TBI [6].”
Atlas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JBuckl (04-18-2020)