View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 11:36 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbitten View Post
I've stumbled on this group two weeks ago when I was in the midst of the worst time of my life. My case was weird one. One day while playing cricket, a dog entered the field and took away the tennis ball we were playing with. I retrieved the ball and played with it. I washed my hand but only with water from a bottle, not very thoroughly. And then up on fixing the rubber grip on a bat and was at it for more than an hour and I happened to skin the palm of my right hand. A little patch of about 8mm dia. It didn't bleed. And I forgot about for three weeks until I was reading about corona virus and remembered about rabies. Thus began the spiral of my googling about it, doubting of my chances to very rapidly believing that the end is nigh. Enter anxiety. I have a little baby girl who just began walking. Oh how I wept thinking of how stupid I was for not washing my hands properly and for not getting vaccinated soon enough. I met a few doctors who totally brushed off my worries. But fuelled by anxiety, symptoms began showing. Lightly numbed right thumb and index finger which twitched a couple of times. Tightened throat. Seeing my plight, a doctor friend of mine in consultation with an MD suggested I get the vaccine anyway. I got the first one when there was heightened numbness in the right palm, cold feeling as well. I then stumbled upon this group and read most of the stories and my fear vanished. As of now, it's been a week since the last shot. Various locations in the body have been experiencing some very mild twitches, coldness etc. I'm sure there will be more to come. Once in a while doubt creeps leading to anxiety. Thanks to Batbite and others, Im coping up!
After my first shot my right arm and leg started tingling for a couple of hours and when that stopped my right thigh felt extremely weak. Then the next day my right jaw felt tight and numb then I got a headache. I also had urinary urgency too. The symptoms will come and go but it does get better. I still flare ups that involve fast heartbeat and an anxiety feeling, or muscle weakness but it’s not as intense as it was when I first got the shots. I haven’t had a really bad flare in about a week now. Still don’t feel normal but much better overall. It will get better, hang in there!
Cchines is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote