View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 07:55 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey Blue!

We haven't met yet. I'm newer here. Call me Gee! I technically don't have bipolar2 dx, but I have a dx of unspecified bipolar presenting with depression at the time. I've had elevated moods before and after though, but the after ones, at least, haven't qualified as elevated enough according to my GP (and well I'm not complaining since I haven't done anything reckless and just had good moods after so long and was productive). But before dx, I did feel like I was having sort of mixed episodes and/or just dysphoric moods and that was no bueno. Is your name (username) Latina by chance? Er Latino? (Quick Google makes me think I was right, but it is masculine)

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about your circumstances and I'm sending you good thoughts. Wish I could say something more profound, but I will echo the thought that you stick around. Of course, I hope that circumstances improve though.

Actually, I don't know any books, but on my PC (I'm on my tablet now) I have a bookmark about dealing with grief from PsychCentral archives. (The sister site to this forum) I wasn't going through a permanent loss (death), but I was going through a different kind of permanent loss and was grieving. Took me like 2 or 3 years to fully get over it. Sigh! (IT was a loss of a friendship that I had been very attached to and thought they felt the same thing) While it wasn't a romantic loss, I've been told that losing a friendship can hurt just as much, and it did. :/ So, I can relate to your current loss too, and the shock by it too. I'm so sorry. Hugs! I'll try getting that link for you soon!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-05-2020), BlueMajo (04-21-2020), Brokenfriend (04-24-2020), Dmom3005 (04-22-2020), mymorgy (04-21-2020)