View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:07 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Anything to alleviate PCS headache?

Hello,

This is my first post - I'm desperately looking for any advice on what can help alleviate PCS headaches.

I'm 7 months in PCS from a wakeboarding accident that seemed minor at the time. The only real symptom I have is a headache but it is constant and becoming unbearable. About two months after the injury I went to the doctor for the headache, MRIs on head and neck came back with 'nothing remarkable'. The first thing I was prescribed was imitrex which did nothing, then nortriptyline which triggered horrible anxiety and depression, so much that I had to take two months off work. During that time, I saw a psychologist, physical therapist, and acupuncturist regularly, starting taking vitamins and CBD. I then got a cranial nerve block injection as well as botox injections. Nothing has helped even remotely, even temporarily. Its just constant headache all day every day. Three weeks ago I started taking cymbalta, nothing yet with that.

Other things I've heard of but not yet tried include the medications lyrica, topamax, and synapsin nasal spray. I realize in reading some of these posts that obviously PCS can last a long time and what works for some won't work for others. But its extremely frustrating and hard to believe that I can't find anything that provides even a little bit of relief. Has anyone had any luck with any of these medications or can suggest anything else?
Crabmeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote