View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 01:14 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Covid Quarantine and return of symptoms?

Hi everyone I'm just wondering if others have been experiencing a recurrance of old symptoms recurring after being in quarantine?

I was spending a lot of time at home in a very quiet situation with not much stimulation, well almost none. I would go out only when necesssry and felt like old s&s were coming back. It was confusing at first because I wasnt sure what was triggering it but I felt it was the stimulation of driving, thinking, more computer time, paying attention, etc that could be causing this.

At home I was mostly fine but nausea was bad for awhile as well as peripheal movement outside of me started to bother me again . The more I stayed at home, then went out, the more the s&s would return. I would really have to work at relaxing with no stimulation from tv, computer, conversations, reading etc. I was usually only driving for a grocery trip or going for a walk as I really wanted to quarantine as, much as possible.

I started having headaches, nausea and inability to understand or even follow some conversations . I think I had conditioned my brain to accept noise and distraction and general functioning in life but when I was quiet for days, then went out and was busy it all came back and it started to made sense. Now I feel better but hardly go out again.

Is anyone else having this issue? Its been 2 1/2 yrs out since the accident and I thought I was doing pretty good till now. As the quarantine lifts I'll be out more and hope that my brain will get conditioned again to accepting "life".

Any comments would be appreciated as it can get pretty lonely living in the PCS world and trying to act normal.

Thank you,

Susie
Susie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote