View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 02:37 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

I know that the headache spectrum is huge and everyone's pain and reaction to treatment is different.

My "headache" is severe facial pain where my sinuses are. My neurologist tells me that this not all that uncommon of a headache presentation, as the trigeminal nerve runs through the sinuses.

So far, I've tried 75mg Nortritptyline (made the pain and other symptoms way worse before leveling off and never really helping) and 100mg Topamax (didn't hurt but didn't seem to help, either with pain or other symptoms).

I've also tried a device called Cefaly, which sounds SUPER hokey, but it is a legitimate FDA-approved treatment, and it has cut my pain in half. Every time I stop using it for a couple days, the pain comes right back. It works by stimulating the trigeminal nerve to calm it. It's similar to e-stim, if you've ever done that for your muscles. Doesn't work for everyone, but worth a shot, if you're willing to spend the money and try anything. I think a lot of doctors don't think to suggest it because you have to pay out-of-pocket for it (even though you need a prescription), but it has a decent success rate for pain reduction.
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote