View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 02:20 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default 1 week post flare. Drunk feeling, screen makes it worse

Hello,

I’m looking for any tips regarding the difficult past week I’ve had.
I’m still having “drunk” symptoms. I’m feeling like my eyes and ears aren’t sensing motion right. I’ve just been having left sided head fullness/nausea feeling, and a “drunk” feeling when I do normal things, especially related to screentime. It does get better without screens, but gosh I just feel “drunk” and sick in general.
Last weekend, I had a triggering chain of events, my doctors confirmed couldn’t reinjure me. My hairbrush let go of a knot suddenly, flung and almost hit me in the side of the head. If it did bump or brush, it was light because I didn’t feel it. Probably just close. Then, my finger slipped while I was scratching my ear, and with the force of my hand going to scratch harder, it knocked directly sideways into my temporal bone/the inside of my ear. It was a harder jab. I was poking at that area later and felt another slight bump but not as hard.

My body is SO stubborn for these symptoms to go away. I talked to Dr. Kutcher, a really great neurologist who had some insight on vestibular migraines. That being said, for the time being, I feel stuck. I’m working on staying calm. The way my body has been acting this week with nausea, headaches earlier this week, drunk feelings, especially with screentime, it really feels like an old injury.

I know it’s not, but does anyone have any insight on the flare or how to make these symptoms stop? I just wanna go back to using my screens again and feeling sober and not sick
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote