View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 02:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Mark thank you for your reply, sorry to be so confusing as we all are different with our injuries and healing. Some of the issues are similar but that fact that we experience these at all is a thread that binds us and that's why we are here...looking for understanding or help.

Before I was at home so much I was doing much better but now that I'm home so much I react to outside stimuli with symptoms that had seemed to only be very mild.

When I'm at home it's quite insular and easy to cope with things and I have relatively little issues with dizziness, nausea understanding conversations that could be detailed and cause confusion and lack of understanding.

I was on the computer at first a lot more than usual and had quite a few issues that came up such as seeing double, rereading the same line multiple times and then trying to understand what I'd read at all.

I remedied this quite a bit by staying off the computer and only going on for about 5 min at time when I had to do something that had to get done. Less tv helps too but it doesn't affect me as much.

Going outside I felt very stimulated and unable to "keep up", speed of conversation and comprehension, driving and making micro decisions etc. It all felt too much and nausea, headpain came back.

I was just wondering if others were feeling this after feeling much better from their original issues to moving forward and enjoying life without as many headaches, nausea confusion etc when they go out of the home. I find I just want to go home where it's quiet and easy.

I was looking for some type of validation that yes this happened to me or no Im not affected at all. I know we are all different and cannot expect same experiences but "in general".

Looking at this now I think that perhaps I was just doing "too much" and may have overwhelmed my brain and it was just complaining. A little disappointing but nevertheless it's a reality for us as this seems to be the "gift" that likes to hang around.

Thank you for reading and wanting to offer help...very nice to be a part of this forum as this is my only place that I can participate and feel understood. I don't have family at home any more and have to "act normal" for work reasons although I have brought in extra help now to do the things I have problems with.

Warm wishes to all
Susie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote