View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 03:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It appears you are trying to do too much. The rereading a line of text is a classic symptom of brain overload. When that happens, walk away and do something different. When you are around multiple voices and notice a need to push or concentrate to follow the conversation, either move away to an area with few voices or ask the people to not talk over each other.

If I go to a restaurant, I need a booth near the exterior walls/windows so the voices all come from one direction. Corner booths are best.

You may struggle with complex sentences when there are other auditory stimulations. This is called over-attending. The brain is trying to attend to too much. Some would call it multi-tasking. Multi-tasking is not a virtue. It is very stressful to the brain. Avoid it.

In the US, The Americans with Disabilities Act requires the employer to make reasonable accommodations for people with our struggles. There is no requirement that we 'act normal.' Reducing auditory overload is a reasonable accommodation.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (04-27-2020)