View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:03 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Thanks for the responses. My headache is usually at the lower back of the head (occipital area), but seems to move around, sometimes its at the top, front, or sides.

My MRI did show apparently 'minor' issues (slight pinched nerve, herniated disc, and stenosis) but the doctors thought these things were unremarkable and typical given my age (30) and active lifestyle, and that none of this would be causing the pain. I do still suspect the neck may be the main culprit, as it was a backwards whiplash-type fall, but I don't have any pain in my neck, just the head. @Mark in Idaho - is it best to sleep on back? Are there certain types of pillows that would help?

The most frustrating part is that I cannot pinpoint anything to make the headache better or worse, so its impossible to manage. Medicine-wise, none of the OTC or prescription stuff I've tried has done anything, nor has changes in activity. Sometimes I can fully exert myself without having an increase in pain, other times I'll be completely relaxed doing nothing and its extremely painful. Other times the opposite is true, and everything in between.

The Cefaly sounds interesting, but in researching it, looks like its meant primarily for the forehead while my headache is generally at the back, so I don't know if it'd be worth the money but I'll keep that in mind. I was able to get a prescription for synapsin nasal spray (also not covered by insurance) so I'll be trying that in addition to the cymbalta for now.

Appreciate any other input - thanks.
Crabmeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote