View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 01:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hi Lakynerringer90. I am one of the many on this site who have had the vaccine and one of the unlucky ones who also had an adverse reaction. I had my series of shots back in November 2019 and while I didn't have the side effects you and Batbite have experienced ( I had muscle spasms/aches both legs and dizziness) after each shot. My exposure was a friendly fluffy white cat with big blue eyes, and in reaching out my hand to direct her to a food bowl (believed she may have been a lost stray kitty) felt a quick scratch to the back of my hand. I did wash it off/ f/u with my PCP and she didn't feel I needed the vaccine as it was (a scratch and therefore 'low risk'.. The more I thought about it, I got so scared, since I hadn't actually seen the strike, what if it had been her fangs? So I decided to get the vaccine. Fast forward, within 2 wks after shots were done my side effects worsened ...diarrhea, muscle aches legs and arms, sharp stabbing nerve pains from head to toe at intermittent times as well as ice pick head pains. The worst part is the anxiety and depression. Now 5 months out I've noticed lessening of symptoms. As Batbite said, everyone who goes through this has a different timeline on how long it lasts. You are very young and I pray and hope that once all the shots are done, you will recover quickly. And the biggest thing here is to stop blaming yourself, going over and over what you should or shouldn't have done. Believe me, in the beginning I did that many times. Keep us posted on your recovery.
Pryjmak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LakynBerringer90 (04-29-2020)