View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 10:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Streetlegal,
I've had vertigo episodes and they're miserable.

They can be caused by any number of problems but the first place the doctors look is the ears because of those semicircular canals that control your balance, located in the ears.

You want to be careful with vertigo. The first episode I had was severe. I couldn't move my head even a fraction of an inch without setting off waves of vertigo, and everything was spinning. I made the mistake of trying to get to the bathroom alone, didn't make it back from there and blacked out, fell face forward, and knocked out my front teeth. I was only 20 at the time but that seems to have been a first episode of what turned out to be multiple sclerosis, but that wasn't found until I was 39, when a flock of other symptoms had been developing.

I've had other vertigo episodes since then but thankfully not any that bad. I keep a supply of meclizine on hand at all times just in case because sometimes it has helped. It's still known as Dramamine, I think, and is a motion sickness remedy but it can work with vertigo.

I'm not suggesting that you have MS--just saying that vertigo has many different causes, and I hope you can get yours figured out, with a remedy for it.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote