Thread: Our Pets
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We have 3 cats.

Winston is an 18 pound gray and white domestic short haired cat that we got as a kitten at a pet store in 1999. His name is Winston because his first toy was a pack of winston brand ciggarettes.

Marbles is a skinny but tall and long all black short-haired cat. We got him in November of 2005 and the Vet guessed that he was about 3 years old at the time. A family member found him wandering around her neighborhood, and despite posting flyers, etc... his family was never found, so he came to live with us.

We tried to figure out what his name was by trying all sorts of typical black-ct names to see if he responded. after a week of that we finally decided on Marbles because he is nutty (as in the cat has lost his marbles). After 2 days, he learned his new name.

Then we got Guinness in July of 2006. The story about how we got him is really long (I'll save it for another day) but the short version is that a neighbor dropped him off at our doorstep. He is a 1 year old Maine Coon cat and he is very smart, very active, and very high-maintainence.

He has a lot of issues. He is clingy and follows me around the house all day long and cries when I leave for 5 minutes to go have a smoke on the porch. During the first 3 days he lived here he thought that the bathtub was a litter box, but thankfully he is very smart so fixing that issue was easy (and thankfully it was the bathtub and not a closet or behind the couch).

I could write a novel about Guinness and his issues and special needs. But to keep this short, I'll just say that he fits right in to this family, and we are working on the issues

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote