View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 05:35 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking Light View Post
Yes, I've written poetry since childhood. I have a very wide range of books, ancient Greek literature, English & other classics, philosophy, science, spirituality, self-help, astronomy & nature. I don't have a favorite instrument. I love many instruments, solo & together in an orchestra. I also love it when a movie has a great musical score. I love going to the movies. I miss that. Do you? Do you have DVDs? Do you play music? What about video games? I don't have any. I think about it. I don't have a computer. I use a flip cell phone that has a brouser on it. I hope you're feeling a bit better. Hugs & love!
wow you have such a rich inner life. so wonderful. I was a Latin major and studied Greek but read so little in Greek literature. I love music. I belong to Amazon Prime Music and Premium you tube. For a while now all I have been listening to is Josh Groban. I love his voice and wonder if he is bipolar. In an interview he said he suffers from anxiety and depression and isolation and always is accompanied by his adorable old dog, I used to love going to movies. One of my favorites was Good Will Hunting. Now they are so expensive and I stopped checking them out. Last time I tried to see a comedy with a friend,I had to take a cab cause I can't walk much because of a stroke and wound up collapsing. Two lovely men helped me to get into a cab. My friend had seen me and got in the cab and I went home. I used to be so athletic.. When I was little I tried the piano and violin. My piano teacher said I was gifted but my mother had bought a used piano that was never in tune and I couldn't take it.
My older sister, now dead, made a fuss of me practicing on the violin and kept on wanting me to play outdoors so that stopped. I still love the old musicals!
I love Cat Stevens and Gordon Lightfoot and Tom Petty and there are others.
every day for hours I listen to Josh Groban now/ I use a desktop and have a cheap smartphone. The stroke affected my hand coordination so I am hopeless on the smart phone. I also used to be an assembly programmer.
Love and kisses
bobby
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-13-2020), GeeLuv (05-07-2020), Waking Light (05-07-2020)