View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 11:00 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Guys, I haven’t posted or been on in several months as things have been quite positive for my wife’s symptoms.

To refresh memories for the newcomers, my wife had received the PostExposure and 2 rounds of rabies vaccine in OCT 2019 and within 24 hours had severe twitches, nerves pain and paresthesias ( pins and needles) they waxed and waned for about 3-4 months. We did all the tests with best neurologists in town (HOUSTON mind you so we have the best healthcare available) we did physical exams, EMG, deep panel bloodwork, MRI of brain and spine.

Ultimately everything was negative and no signs of Neuro issues according to the data or consensus from the doctors. Over the last 3 months or so, she really turned the corner physically due to primarily holistic methods. A strict schedule of natural whole food vitamins, mostly vegetarian diet, and activity 5 days a week, Pilates, strength, waking or running all benefiting her twitches and nerve pain drastically almost eliminating them down about 85-90% in comparison. With the symptoms dropping then the anxiety and stress levels also dissipated. When this began she had vivid acute pain and twitches about every 2-5 seconds and it decreased tremendously in volume and frequency to maybe every 5 minutes or longer to the point of her barely noticing anything at all.

All of a sudden on Monday 5/5/2020 a tad bit of regression. Her left calf and shin area tightened up drastically, exhibited some heightened muscle twitches and pain all over again. Unfortunately this has led to some physiological regression as well as we are having a level of defeat once again that this is more than the “ adverse reaction” doctors are telling us and possibly a neuro issue such as MMN or CIPD that has been discussed on this forum prior. We’ve made a follow up EMG appointment with neuro in a couple weeks as this has been a 9-10 month situation thus far.

I am holding our hope that it was just a flare up as her calf has seemed to calm down already since Monday but the anxiety and stress fallout is apparently. I’ve done a quick scan through this thread with some interesting questions below with the hope that you all can help me answer. I am simply trying to find a baseline of where we fall according to your data and results. Please help wherever possible, desperate for answers and info.

Thank you all!

Bacc posted leg twitches on 11-11-19...update? How long have the twitches been going on for?

Batbite post 3/25-found to be MTHFR compound heterozygous, mast cell activation syndrome..... have you considered genetic testing? Anything else you can tell us about your situation and data/tests?

Unbitten April 12-reported twitches-I would like to find out for how long and where your twitches are?

Lakyn-post 4/28-terrible muscle spasms 29 yo female after 2nd shot like me! What’s your story, what have you done to overcome this. What are your Doctors telling you?

Fee free to private message if you prefer.

All the best
ARose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote