Thread: waking light
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 02:05 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Firstly, sorry for taking over your thread with this WL. I'll be done with this soon. Or Bobby and I could take it to one of our threads...unless you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
I will look him up.sounds interesting. Out of tune pianos are the pits right? lol
fondly
bobby
Yeah, actually I was rereading the summary about Cat Stevens/Yusuf, and I think he actually has maybe more of the impressive story. Eh! Actually, maybe it's not even fair to compare really. Nevermind. Scratch that! I dunno!

But this Brian Welch aka "Head" was a hard rock n roller type (nu-metal genre to be exact) and has tattoos and dreadlocks. He got really bad with drinking and drugs (forget the details), but came out of it when he discovered his faith. Anyway, I won't go into details, but just wanted to say that I messed up the book title and even the subject matter possibly. With My Eyes Wide Open: Miracles and Mistakes on My Way Back to KoRn (2016) is the title. And I'm not really sure it's so much about bipolar, but more with raising his daughter who also struggles with mental health issues (maybe even bipolar too). It was just a very sweet tale of father and daughter love...

but I also wanted to try to find that interview (at least for myself). Maybe that was about the bipolar?? or maybe one of his other books??

hmm, just found this. havent read it yet, but will now.

Brian “Head” Welch Walks Through the Door | Psychology Today

not sure if i will find the interview tonight.

edit: hmmm, maybe he doesn't have bipolar (??) this makes it sound more like unipolar depression, but i could have sworn i read bipolar somewhere. hmm
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-09-2020), Dmom3005 (05-13-2020), mymorgy (05-08-2020), Waking Light (05-08-2020)