View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 06:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Although I'm not a doc, it does sound very much like it's PN. The odd thing is that binge drinking is actually harder on the body than chronic drinking (I forgot why).

Congrats on staying away from the booze. It may not immediately help with your symptoms - there is some healing, but it takes time - but at least it won't make it much worse. Plus your liver bounced back almost immediately which is a very good thing. They are tough buggers until they aren't anymore.

Cholesterol is not that important when it comes to PN, but avoiding sugar (both processed & natural) may help ease the pain. And with a decent diet it will come down anyway (I have 1/3rd of the LDL levels I had when I was still drinking, my GP was quite amazed)

Stay the course, and try not to stress too much about it. Stress will definitely make things much worse. You took a great first step, now you can work your way back to being functional - with some bad days in between. Patience is a good friend too.

To give you an idea, in my case, it took me a year of sobriety before my symptoms eased up on me.

Good luck, keep doing what you are doing, and keep checking in. It helps being accountable to a bunch of strangers who went through the same thing.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (05-08-2020)