Thread: waking light
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 02:44 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
my friend told me cat stevens really partied. she met him once and he gave her the greatest kiss but then her husband came behind her and cat stopped. supposedly he was out swimming and a big wave got him and he started drowning. he made a deal with God and said he would devote himself to religion if he lived. I had trouble getting into brian welch.
fondly
bobby
Yeah. Oh he was drowning? Makes me think more of Jonah than Joseph/Yusuf, but I guess he later developed more of a fondness for Joseph later. Interesting man, no doubt!

Trouble with Brian? Did you not like the music (I haven't actually even listened to any of his solo stuff) or was it his story? I found the bipolar reference late last night. It WAS in the book I read. He would feel a rush of energy and excitement and happiness when going onstage, but then it diminished to depression. He merely suspected bipolar but never got tested. I think if he's doing well on antidepressants, then maybe he's lower (?) on the spectrum if at all (kinda like me!)

Basically, in short, his story is about finding God and finally overcoming addiction as a result. But he found that trials are still always going to be there, but his faith helped him press on through it all. He has become a great role model for his daughter, in my opinion, who also had to come to terms with trials and learn that sometimes what's best for us isn't always easy, but we come out better for it.

I dunno. Perhaps it's a generational thing. This band Korn was very influential to me and my peers, so it's more relatable to me maybe.

No worries. It's all good!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-09-2020), Dmom3005 (05-13-2020), Waking Light (05-08-2020)