View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 09:45 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
I would certainly keep exploring the nutritional issues especially since your tests show a folate and iron issues. Drugs deplete nutrients and if your nutritional status was suspect when you started the Flagyl, then it doesn't take much to push things over the edge. I would also assume that there are other nutritional insufficiencies contributing to it. Most docs don't consider a low normal reading of a nutrient an issue but should. Make sure to get copies of all your lab work. You'd be surprised at what they miss or don't tell you.

Flagyl can deplete B12 and K. What was your B12 level? A low normal reading on this should not be considered OK. Also, all nutrients should be stopped prior to testing in order to get a better reading.

What are you taking now? Key PN nutrients are the B vitamins( especially B12, folate, B1 and B6), Omega 3, magnesium and D. R-lipoic acid, Acetyl-carnitine, and NAC can be helpful to heal damage from drugs. Healing nerves can take a long time but at least you are on the right path.
I’ve been exploring it for a while to be honest.
But there’snt much info on folate deficiency and neuropathy. Ferritin seems to be unrelated. I don’t know when I started being folate deficient so I wouldn’t know... all I know is at the time I had vitamin D deficiency which I corrected but it’s now back on the borderline low. Bloody depression keeps me locked indoors...
I’m taking liquid B12, folic acid, (might go for the folate form soon), Ferritin, algea oil for omega 3 , liquid turmeric capsules, vit D/zinc/magnesium tablets, and some cheap vitamin C. I also got b6 but I’m scared to take them because I don’t know how much b6 I have in my blood and I’ve been told that too much b6 cause neuropathy. I also take CBD oil. I’m attending to buy all the other ones you mentioned and better quality vitamins when my salary reaches my bank.
I guess I’m on the right path yes’
Theworldisyours is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote