View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 05:47 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Hi Herco,

I am experiencing an almost identical story to yours. I was on escitalopram (the patent updated citalopram) for 3 years. In trying to change medicines, I tapered off escitalopram down to 1.5 mg\day and began prozac at 5 mg/day to begin. After two days the burning began in my right foot. I stopped prozac immediately and continuted on with escitalopram for one month. Over this time the burning came and went, but spread to the other foot, hands, knees. It did not travel in a path but seemed to “teleport” across the body. Neurology appointments came up with normal EMGs and NCSs. I was told I was “healthy” and my symptoms were not explained. My B12 was found to be low, but my symptoms did not improve with supplements, which I continue to take.

After this month, I have stopped all medicines completely (2 days ago, will update as time passes). The burning continues and is currently the worst it has been. I’m afraid there is something about Prozac that causes this issue and Celexa that propagates it. The medical literature has a few cases regarding parastheaia and prozac, but your story most closely resembles mine. What has helped? Can you update us on your story? Also, did the neurologists conduct and observe any unusual EMGs or NCSs?

Hoping for both of our sakes your condition has improved..

Take care
Corgidog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote