View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi miss2000,
Sometimes doctors fail us because we haven't asked the right questions.

You might want to think back over what you've been doing recently--particularly just before you first noticed the pain and other problems. Do you think something might have triggered it?

Maybe you had a strenuous task to do? Might you have overused some body parts?

Tell the doctor about it if you think of something.

Or have you ever had any surgery affecting the area that is acting up--even areas near to it? Scar tissue can form as time goes by after surgery, and that can cause problems because if there's enough of it, it gets in the way.

Maybe these are subjects you've already covered with the doctors but just in case you haven't, those are my suggestions.
Looks as if scar tissue has been an issue you've explored here recently. I have two lumps of scar tissue from old surgeries, and they are probably responsible for some chronic problems I've been having for years. Surgery could remove the scar tissue, I understand, but I'd have to be far more miserable before I opted for surgery.

Also, have you added any medicines or supplements lately? Sometimes these can cause reactions--or can interact with other drugs you've been taking, even to the point of causing symptoms like yours.

Sometimes a diet deficiency--potassium too high or low, for instance--can cause the symptoms you're having. I hope that the doctors you've seen have done comprehensive blood tests.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, since 12/16/20
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote