View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 05:59 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hello agate!

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate you taking time to come up with suggestions! I’m sorry that you have been going through some pain as well!
Yes, the scar lump post injection is the only thing that I can think of, as because prior to this I never had any muscle issues in my legs and could walk with no problem. No other surgeries either. I did have a concussion last summer, but that’s about it.
My only hope is that the lump that formed will dissipate eventually. It’s been 3 months, and it seems things only have been getting worse. I have to sit down frequently to alleviate the muscle cramps and soreness in my leg .
The doctors I saw so far ( my PCP and general surgeon)do not recommend surgery so far, they don’t think my superficial lump causes the problem, but I think it does). Additionally, there is burning feeling radiating from the lump down my leg. I wonder if the needle caused the nerve damage and therefore all these symptoms..? Have you experienced anything similar around your scar tissue?

And I’m scared this will bring a permanent injury ( as a single mom, I am terrified to be this way till the rest of my days , as there is no family to help me here, and my ex. Has been no help) I’m sorry for a vent...

They rxd diclofenac and prednisone ; that helped right away, but as soon as I weaned of a week dose all symptoms came back.. so that was strange. I had to quit diclofenac due to stomach upset, too. I’m lenient taking Gabapentin due to sensitivity to drugs and being a teacher I need my mental focus every day ( so I guess have to choose between pain and focus)..

The only work-up I was able to get done was Ultrasound and ct scan (showed a lump mass and inflammation, and 1 cm cyst in the thigh), and CBC blood work twice. I’m waiting for EMG ( end of August only)..

That’s where I am.. what are your symptoms from lumpy scar tissue? What seemed to help?

Last edited by miss2000; 05-17-2020 at 07:40 PM.
miss2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (05-17-2020)