View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 08:35 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agate View Post
I have the impression that scar tissue doesn't just go away, unfortunately. We're lucky if more of it doesn't form, I guess, and we're stuck with coping with the scar tissue that is already there.

When I was having physical therapy for sciatica,the PT discovered a knot of scar tissue in my left hip, where I had had surgery (at age 8). We agreed that if I could deal with the sciatica with physical therapy and other measures, like not overexerting, that would be better than surgery to remove the
scar tissue. This was about 12 years ago, and I've had more PT since then but so far the situation hasn't got so bad that I'd be interested in surgery.

The other scar tissue was discovered by my dentist when doing a routine neck exam. I had had surgery on the right side of my neck (removal of a parotid gland) about 25 years before, and the dentist was sure that that is what the lump is. I'm watching it and aware that it is probably giving me some swallowing problems but aside from that, it just sits there. Again, the recommendation was just being vigilant and making sure there were no changes in it. The dentist found that scar tissue about 15 years ago, and so with both of these lumps, a lot of time has passed with no new developments except that they cause me some inconvenience and discomfort.
Agate,thank you for your reply!

Sounds like the scar tissue doesn’t cause you much pain, more like discomfort? Yeah, then no need to worry about it. They tried ultrasound therapy to break mine up, and i think it aggravated the nearby nerve even more .. no PT for me ..
miss2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote