View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 07:24 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Angeline, welcome! I have dealt with this for the past few years and my son is now 10 so not quite as young as yours but maybe I can help. I have found that it does take a toll on marriage/kids but if you band together and tackle it as a team it can strengthen the family unit. But for that to happen you need a spouse who is truly a partner in this and willing to be a little selfless at times and a good pain management doctor. I'm not really impressed with your PM's approach to be honest - just gabapentin over two years when you still have a lot of pain isn't enough. Where are you located? Maybe someone here has a better PM recommendation they're wiling to share. It may also be worth checking out facebook groups - the group CRPS is really active with members all over the world and there are some local groups too if you search for your state and CRPS. I'm in NC and the group here is fairly active. I would at least get a second opinion if nothing else.

Ok - other question re: disability. I'm still working full time but I work in IT and can do it from home on bad days. It's a total desk job (I'm an analyst) so it's been sustainable so far. If it's a really, really bad day I'll take a sick day. I could not do this without my pain management doctor though. What helps me is this regimen: desensitization exercises/therapy, lifestyle modifcations (more sedentary, ugh, and getting a full night of sleep is crucial), and meds including over the counter lidocaine patches. They really do help - Salon Pas is my favorite because it's a gel patch and while it's not as sticky as others it doesn't hurt coming off if I forget to take it off while it's still numb. Now as for meds - I've been on several including gaba over the years. But due to various issues with some meds and some that didn't work we've currently settled on this: lyrica - 150mg AM/200mg PM, celebrex 100mg AM&PM, hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10/325 up to 4/day as needed and tizanidine 4mg up to 3/day as needed. I take the as needed daily because, well, they're needed. I also do a daily multivitamin, antidepressant because well, this sucks, calcium, vitamin d and seroquel at night for anxiety related to all this. And sometimes a melatonin if I'm not tired but need to sleep or having a really rough pain day and want to sleep. These meds may or may not help you but maybe it will at least help to discuss some with your doctor.

If you ever have any other questions feel free to message me or post here, I try to check once or twice a week but somehow missed your initial post.
annabanana123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote