View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mucker...don't leave!

Mucker, I have enjoyed reading your posts and I believe there are people here with the right attitude with whom you can develop a good, supportive relationship. Everywhere you go, you will find pessimists and optimists, people who see the glass half full and half empty, people who are unhappy with themselves and project their unhappiness onto undeserving others. That is what makes life interesting, because everyone has their own opinion and we live in a world where it's okay to disagree with someone and voice your opinion. The key to remember is that we have a choice about whether we let someone's opinion bother us, or if we can let it go and move on. I don't think there are "clicks" on this site, I think some people have just known each other for a long time and developed close relationships. Others of us, like you and me, are newer, and we're still trying to figure things out. Just because we may not know the story of the woman this site is in memory of, or because we haven't posted on the old site, or we don't know about the personal lives of another poster, it doesn't mean that you can't gain something from this site, or offer something for someone else. I do hope you will continue to post, because I know I would love to hear from you and know how you are doing.

And to everyone else, please don't be offended by anything I've said here, I am only speaking in general terms. There is no finger pointing on my part, just a general observation of the intricate dynamics of this forum.

Beth...I agree with your statement wholeheartedly, and I send a big THANK YOU for your post. We all need to be proactive in our treatment and continually seek out knowledge. This forum is a wonderful place to share that knowledge, because even though we are all very unique in our conditions, there may be some small piece of what someone else is going through or a piece of information found that can be useful to another person. Yes, we all need to vent from time to time, but it's also good to share our thoughts in an environment that is positive and supportive. So far I have had a good experience here, and I send a big THANK YOU to everyone who has responded to my posts and questions.

Shellie
shelliemac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote