View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 11:38 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post

There’s also evidence that people with IBS tend to suffer from mood disorders such as depression or anxiety. “There is a high overlap between the two,” says Jeffrey Baumgardner, MD, a gastroenterologist and assistant professor of medicine at the University of California in San Francisco. “A significant number of people with IBS also have a history of some kind of abuse —emotional, physical, or sexual.”

Though he isn’t sure why, Dr. Baumgardner does think that IBS has something to do with how people process stress.
yes, interesting, Bobby.

kinda related- is "anxiety" a mood disorder or even a mood? I thought it was an "anxiety disorder"...I get confused by this stuff.

I'm curious to maybe find out in therapy if I had some sort of emotional trauma growing up to have gotten IBS...because I can't think of any physical or sexual. where else would this crap come from?? (ha! no pun intended ) Really hard to sort out which came first for me, IBS or anxiety, or both! hmm...
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-21-2020), Dmom3005 (05-21-2020), mymorgy (05-21-2020), Waking Light (05-21-2020)