View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 02:06 AM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Lightbulb An idea for visual over-stimulation/confusion

Hello!

It's my first post here despite visiting earlier in my over three year long recovery with pcs. At this point in my recovery, basically the only continuing symptom I experience is visual over-stimulation/confusion.

So, I wanted to share with those who experience this symptom a remedy that has pretty much helped me return to my normal self: Prescription glasses with + that of your normal prescription or weak readers if you normally don't need glasses. I think +.50 should do it but it probably depends on your eyes.

I only experience visual over-stimulation when outside (I think it's triggered by differences in depth of my surroundings) but I've found wearing 'too strong' glasses to almost totally eliminate this symptom. Yes, the world becomes blurry and it's weird to get used to at first but you get used to it. The only annoying thing I find is sometimes I don't recognize people I know on the street (lol).

I'm not sure if this idea has been shared before and I'm not sure how much this is helping in the long run but I can certainly say I owe a lot to this method so I thought I'd share it here.

Hang in there my friends
-J
t0g3TH3r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote