Thread: G's Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 02:05 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Meh,

I probably shouldn't share every little frustrating thing, but if anyone has any tips on how to get over this quicker/not be so upset by it, because it's his fault, then please share!

So, a long while back H and I were having dinner with my folks and he said something and I corrected him because I thought he had mistaken. Afterwards, he tells me not to ever correct him in front of people, even if he is wrong. (At least I'm 99% sure he said "anyone") So today, whilst talking to his folks, he made a true mistake and I didn't say anything. But of course, after the call he was like, "how many times did we talk about this Subject today...why didn't you say the right thing?" (Paraphrasing) And I told him about the time he said not to correct him. *eye roll. I mean, what the heck?! Does the rule not apply to his folks?? I don't think so. I think he just wants to find something to complain about with me. Almost EVERY time we get together with someone, SOMETHING I say or do is wrong!! And even the times he doesn't say anything, he either says it later...or I'm just anxious waiting for it. Grr!

But like I said, it's HIS mistake, him misspeaking. Why do I still have to feel attacked and anxious afterwards and he go on as if nothing happened?! How do I emotionally detach? :/
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-24-2020), Dmom3005 (05-24-2020), mymorgy (05-25-2020), Waking Light (05-24-2020)